Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's up with Vince lately?


My mother tells me that when she doesn't hear from me, she's learned to assume things are alright. That is a pious thing to say, but not always fair for her behalf. For all the people who visit here and care for my well-being, thank you for your prayers and concerns.

The time since my last post has been the good kind of busy. I'm still working at the Library on the Laptop Lab. There's always more work at the seminary to do than can be done. The final Kingsmen basketball team was a blast and we even made it on the evening news! For my graduate paper I am researching how leadership helps increase congregational involvement. I'm teaching my boy more martial arts.

Church planting may happen, but for now I look forward to simply being faithful in the call I hope to hear in less than 3 weeks. I've joined the local Toast Masters and hope to continue growing faithfully. Y'know even the class assignments are enjoyable and include writing a 2 sermon hymn for two different classes. That's something very unique for me. There's so many interesting things to learn more about in theology, an exhaustible well of treasures, but I have to postpone some good things for important and urgent tasks today, such as papers and selling my house. During such times, I am indeed looking forward to completing the seminary program and working full time ministry.

0 comments: