Friday, April 25, 2008

St.Peter's Apr 2008 Newsletter

I’ve had a busy time around Arlington and it looks like things are going to get even more exciting as we build up towards our Youth Gathering right here in Wisconsin.
dancing bannerAt the Spring pastor's conference in Manitowoc, I made friends with chaplains, a retired pastor, Latino minister, and caught up with old familiar faces from the Seminary. During our banquet, mariachi music entertained as we shared with one another our lives and the ministry. With just enough room for it, Erica and I danced a little salsa and cha-cha. (Tino and Erica are pictured above dancing to Mariachi.)

I left with a lot to think about and consider. Look at all the places and experiences God’s servants have gone through. Where will I go? Use IMG_1456smmy military background as a chaplain? Try to learn more Spanish and Filipino to reach out in those communities? I'm researching on the chaplain candidacy program more, which will financially help me in-part during the 4th year. It sounds like a great way to practice being a missionary in a familiar environment and hopefully receive a pension to apply to mission work after the military.

image Spending time with Pastor Lopez, I decided to drive out to Racine and visit his church for my monthly visit abroad. We met just about half the church before we started service, because I was informed that “we operate on Mexican time.” I was invited to tickle the piano keys with the band since we had plenty of time. But without written IMG_1462 chords (especially in C Major,) I ducked out. But I did take them up on their offer to read the first to readings in English. After service we spent the whole day together. We even threw a mini-fiesta at the Pastor’s house where Erica and I made guacamole.

For sermons, pictures, more updates, please visit us on-line. If you IMG_1286 are shut-in or on vacation, you won’t have to miss out on our sermons either. While I am building the web page for all our future vicars to use, right now you can visit my present one at: VincentXShaw.BlogSpot.Com which already has plenty of content to look through.

image As we all, Tino has anxiously been waiting for the snow to melt away so we can enjoy being outside… to share God’s blessings together.

So, keep your eyes out for the following big things:

On May 16 Prince Caspian comes out. So to fun change, we’re going to see a movie out in the town. I know a few youth leaders around town therefore we’ll be joining up with other youth groups. We’ll head out Saturday morning, May 17th. So free up that Saturday morning. Keep your eyes out for the usual postcard to the youth. Remedy Drive on stage
The State Youth Gathering 2008 starts just after school ends. There will be some time away, a ton of activities, camp fire, and a concert, Remedy Drivewith our house band Remedy Drive. This energetic band has rocked over 200 shows a year for the last 3 years. The registration fee is $140, (much cheaper than flying to the National Gathering) including program, a room in the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc, lunch on Friday, t-shirt, new friends and fun! ...above all, encouragement for your faith. It’s open for 8-12 graders. Contact me if your interested.

dr mp June 19-21 is the 2008 State Youth Gathering. For some info visit www.swdy.net and if you are even thinking about going, please check in with me. Call me or drop by at the office, visit me at home, text message, chat via e-mail, etc., however you make contact, remember, I’m here for you. Without adult coordination with youth activities, things never go too well. Parents want to see sd drummertheir children grow into adulthood and enjoy the path of righteousness. Join us to help build up trust in the Lord, singing songs of life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the State Youth Gathering was AWESOME!!